Monday 11 January 2016

Mary Poppins

On Wednesday the 16th of December our whole year went to the Bord Gáis theater to watch the production of Mary Poppins.  I have previously seen the musical on broadway and so I had some of the merchandise which I wore when we were going to see it.


The day started off by getting on the bus at 9:05 and heading into Dublin City.  We got dropped off just around the corner from the theater so it was a short walk to where we had to go.  I was getting a few weird looks off people for wearing my fabulous 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' T-shirt and holding up my umbrella when there wasn't cloud in sight.  

We were allowed to go off for lunch anywhere we wanted as long as we were back at the entrance for 2 O'Clock, so Orla and I went on the hunt for a nice place to eat (McDonald's) but we weren't sure of the area so we didn't want to risk getting lost so we just went to spar.  I got some lovely wedges but I wasn't hungry so I didn't finish them. 

After we ate we had loads of time to just walk around the area so everyone just sat on some benches and took pictures and stuff.  Of course I was the one to sit in some sort of brown/orange mess and I couldn't do anything about it until I got home.  I just hid the stain in all the pictures so it was no problem.  

At 2:00 we all queued up and got our tickets, we went inside and found our seats after walking up about 500 stairs.  There was some hassle with the seats but we sorted it out and it was okay.  The play was very good and I would really recommend it i really enjoyed it and had a great time.  On the way home eveyone was very tired so we all just slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment