Wednesday 25 November 2015

First aid Workshop

One of the first workshops we did in TY was the First-aid workshop.  This workshop was so much fun and was so interesting,  we had it before results night so it was very handy in case we ran into a sticky situation on the night.  Our instructor was so funny he was always making jokes and was very punny also (punny = pun+funny).

We learnt how to do CPR, how to help if someone is choking whether it be a baby, child or an adult, we also learned how to wrap up someones arm and what to do if someone is having a seizure.  We went through lots of different scenarios and lots of role plays that could happen in our life time.  Thankfully I didn't have to use any of these techniques on the night but i will remember them in case I ever do have to use them.

At the end of the workshop we had to fill out a report form, so to say how good it was and whether we recommend it for next years TY's.  I gave it five stars as I found it very interesting.  Just as we were leaving we were given a little card which has instructions on CPR tips without the lips, so basically how to give CPR without 'Mouth-to-mouth'. I always have it with me in my purse whenever I go out if I ever need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment